Use your talents to help UNHCR share the message that everyone counts in defeating COVID-19, including refugees!
An image is worth a thousand words. This is your chance to use your creativity for a good cause. COVID-19 affects everyone on the planet, and the 70.8 million people who have fled their homes to escape conflict or persecution need to be protected like everyone else.
Who can take part?
Anyone in Australia 5-15 years old
What is the theme?
Under the banner 'Everyone Counts', you can focus on one or more of these three themes:
- Everyone should be protected from coronavirus. Everyone should be able to get water, soap, healthcare and medicine. Unfortunately, many refugees forced to flee their homes can't get them, which makes them very vulnerable.
- Everyone can help defeat the virus - Health workers, Humanitarian workers, You - by raising awareness and staying at home! Refugees are also making a difference. Some make soap, others help older people, and many are doctors and nurses.
- Everyone should be kind to each other. The virus can affect anyone, so there is no reason to blame anyone. Refugees mustn't become the targets of discrimination.
How do I take part?
You can send in either a single drawing or a comic strip.
- Draw by hand, and take a good-quality photograph or scan; or
- Draw on your computer and save the file as a .pdf, .jpg or .png
How will entries be judged?
We aren't looking for a 'winner', but will select some entries to publish in Australia for UNHCR's social media channels and supporter magazine. We'll choose them based on creativity and how well they convey the message. Try to inspire hope and solidarity!
If you choose to enter, we’d love to see your art too – copy your entry email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll print a selection for display around School.
And feel free to post your art on your own social media with hashtags #everyonecounts #withrefugees.