Following the successful trial of the Smartrider-based payment facility, the Cafeteria moved to an exclusively cashless payment system for Middle and Senior School students in 2018 using their SmartRider cards, with EFTPOS facilities added in 2019.
The SmartRider system is managed via Quickcliq, allows parents to load money onto their child's Smartrider card to use in the Cafeteria.
According to research by Quickcliq, 75% of parents prefer not to give their child cash to use in the Cafeteria. By loading money on to the card, parents can easily monitor and control student spending. There is no need for students to carry cash. In addition, it means there will be a quicker flow through the Cafeteria during busy lunch period.
Lunch orders for ELC and Junior School students are required to be purchased online, as has been the case for a number of years.
How it works
- Parents need to log into their Quickcliq account at www.quickcliq.com.au . If you haven't yet set up an account, the instructions are available here.
- Parents can then place online orders as usual, or can elect to load money onto their child's student card (Smartrider). Download PDF instructions on how to do this.
- Students can then take their Smartrider to the Cafeteria and order lunch or purchase snacks using the card. Students pay by scanning their card at the till point.
Frequently Asked Questions
Setting up your SmartRider
1. How do I register my SmartRider card for use at the Cafeteria?You will need to add your SmartRider card number to your student profile in QuickCliq. Refer to the instructions.
2. How do I put funds for the Cafeteria on my SmartRider card?Funds must first be added to you QuickCliq main account. An amount of these funds can then be transferred to your SmartRider card for use in the cafeteria. Refer to the instructions.
3. Does the SmartRider have to be issued by St Mark’s?SmartRiders issued by St Mark’s also provide student identification. SmartRiders not issued by St Mark’s can still be used in the Cafeteria as long as the SmartRider number is attached to the student profile in QuickCliq.
4. I have an old SmartRider which doesn’t have a number on it? What do I do?Take your SmartRider card to the St Mark’s IT Help Desk and they will be able to advise you of your card number. The card number can then be entered in to your QuickCliq profile and funds transferred to it ready for use in the Cafeteria.
Funds in SmartRider Account
5. How can I check the balance on my SmartRider account?Balances can be checked via your QuickCliq login at www.quickcliq.com.au on the “Management of Student’s Account” screen. Balances can also be checked at one of the SmartRider readers in the Cafeteria.
6. Will the funds for the Cafeteria on my SmartRider card be available to use on Transperth services?The funds for the Cafeteria are completely separate from the money loaded on the card for Transperth. Your Cafeteria funds cannot be used for transport, nor can your transport funds be accessed by the Cafeteria.
7. Can funds be returned once they are transferred to my SmartRider?Yes funds can be transferred from your SmartRider account back to your main QuickCliq account. This is done in the same manner as putting funds on your SmartRider account (refer question 2 above), but clicking on the button Reverse instead of Transfer.
8. Can I load funds on my SmartRider account at the Cafeteria or School Reception?No. Funds must be put on your SmartRider account by using your login to the QuickCliq website.
9. How much can a student spend at the Cafeteria each day?Students are available to access the total balance on their SmartRider account at the Cafeteria. There is no daily or weekly spend limit, as long as there are sufficient funds.
10. What happens if I lose my SmartRider card?If the SmartRider card is lost the student profile on QuickCliq should be updated with the new SmartRider card number when issued. The balance of funds from the lost card will be available on the new card.
11. What if there are not sufficient funds on my SmartRider card?Students can only spend up to the fund balance on their card. If they do not have sufficient funds they will not be able to purchase the items.
12. What can my student buy from the cafeteria?A student may buy any of the items on offer at the cafeteria.
13. Is a transaction history available?Yes. A transaction history of all purchases and fund transfers is available when you login in to the QuickCliq website and click on “Transaction History”. Once the history screen is displayed, you can drill down to see items from each purchase by clicking on the green number in the Order ID column.