Our Admissions process embraces the diversity of our community, and we welcome all applications. Parents who wish to apply for admission are required to complete an online application for admission, which incurs a non-refundable application fee of $50.
Our major intake years are Kindergarten (Early Learning), Year 2 and Year 4 (Junior School) and Year 6 (Middle School). For vacancies outside of the intake years, please contact the Admissions Office. We are currently inviting applications for students entering Senior School - Years 9, 10 and 11.
Among the factors taken into account, in no particular order, are:
- whether the applicant has siblings already attending the School;
- children of parents who indicate a willingness to support the Anglican and community ethos* of the School;
- whether they are children of clergy;
- if they are children of participating members of the St Mark’s Old Scholars’ Association;
- if they are children of regular church attending families;
- whether the children live in the local community;
- the date of application;
- individual family circumstances;
- the outcome of the interview process.
In all cases, the School Principal makes the final decision as to whether an offer of enrolment is made. The Principal retains the discretion to offer places to ensure an academic and coeducational balance is maintained across the whole School.
Mrs Penelope Stewart (Mon-Fri)
T: (08) 9403 1327 or E: email@example.com
The Admissions Process
Applications can be made online.
Consideration of applications begins 18 months to two years prior to the expected year of enrolment. As the number of applications can exceed the number of places available, it may not be practical to interview all applicants. Applicants will remain on the database of prospective students until a place becomes available, or until the application is withdrawn.
Prior to being offered a place at St Mark’s, prospective students and their families are invited to an interview and a tour of the School with the relevant Head of School. Interviews generally take place at least one to two years prior to the expected date of enrolment.
If the application and interview are successful, families will be offered a placement. Should the family wish to accept the offer of enrolment, a non-refundable Acceptance and Establishment Fee is payable within 28 days to confirm the family’s commitment* to take up the offered position. The fee is not deducted from the first term’s tuition fee. The amount applicable is equivalent to the Middle School tuition fee for one term. This fee is payable once per family. For students commencing in Years 9 to 12 the fee is calculated at a pro rata rate.
We understand that moving to a new school, whether it is at Kindergarten or Year 6, can be both exciting and a little daunting. To assist in the transition to St Mark’s, Orientation Days and Parent Information Evenings are held for incoming students and their families. Please note that prior to commencement in Kindergarten, families will be requested to submit vaccination records, no older than three months. Ideally, for children entering the School in Term 1, the vaccination records should be submitted in the January or the December of the year prior.
* Please note that in the context of admissions and the admissions of siblings, parental participation, involvement and support for the School is fundamental. This participation, known as ‘Parent Commitment Hours,’ sees every family give 10 hours of service to the School each year. This is an ongoing requirement of enrolment and must be seen as an ongoing obligation, not as a choice. The Parent Commitment Hours program is administered by the St Mark's Parents & Friends' Association Inc.