You are here:
- Our Community
- Old Scholars’ Association
Old Scholars’ Association
The Old Scholars' Association provides a means for past students to maintain a link with their School and friends. It gives them the opportunity to participate in many school events and members are a valuable source of guest speakers to the School.
The Association runs its own monthly meetings (first Wednesday of each month), social functions and supports the volunteers that organise 10 and 20 year reunions.
The Committee is represented on School Council and, therefore, has an opportunity to provide student (past and present) feedback to the administrators and Principal.
For Old Scholars who are parents of current students, involvement with the Association (attending monthly meetings, helping out, etc) also counts towards Parent Commitment hours.
To find out more, visit www.stmarksosa.org.au or follow the Old Scholars' Association on Facebook or Twitter.
How do I become a member?
Students who graduated after 2008 are registered automatically. If you are not sure of your membership status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who graduated prior to this will need to complete an application form and return it to the Association as indicated on the form. Alternatively, you can complete the online membership application form, available on the Old Scholars' Association website.
Why should I join the Association?
- Stay in touch with old friends
- Receive invitations to Old Scholars functions
- Active involvement in Association events, meetings or groups is taken into consideration when Old Scholars apply for a place at the School for their children. Please refer to the School's Admission Policy.
- Get all the updates about School events, reunions and news about past and present students. Be the first to hear to the news!
- Enjoy discounted hire of the School Chapel - great for weddings and baptisms!
- Free advertising for your business with the online directory
- Valuable networking contacts for your business
- If you are a parent of a current St Mark's student, your involvement with the Old Scholars' Association will contribute to your Parent Commitment time.
- Join in a number of groups and activities, including the Drama Club, Mothers' Group and or support current students through the Study with Old Scholars program.
How do I update my details?
If your details have changed, download the Update Your Details form and return as indicated. Alternatively, visit the Old Scholars website and update your details electronically.